Friday, December 18, 2015

LAW 61:On Fairies and Painting

Although i have identified myself for years as a sculptor; a fiber artist, i started my artistic career, as many of us did, as a painter. The coolest Christmas present i ever remember receiving as a child was a set of oil paints, brushes and canvases, i was, i think in 5th grade. I always wanted to be an artist when i grew up, and here i am, doing exactly that!




Mungo and i were talking about process as i was finishing up the Jasmine Fairy painting. He was curious if i found the process of painting satisfying. My immediate, and i think honest answer, as flip as it was, was that, yes, yes i did, but…… it wasn't nearly as obsessive-complusion tedious to completely fulfill my particular little addiction. It was over to fast. Hmm, need to think about this for bit more.



Anyway, the Jasmine Fairy will ultimately make an appearance on either a book cover or a fabric fantasy, that should do the trick. i will be doing a series of these paintings, as i think that they will be more accessible and affordable. I am currently working on a Willow Fairy.

Enjoy,
More later,
Morgainne

No comments:

Post a Comment