Sunday, March 17, 2019

LAW 162" Tempus Fugit (a common theme)

Aah, i was celebrating my birth month? The cat stole my chromebook? It's definitely not an amputation. Well hell, who knows where the time goes? It should be pretty obvious that i don't.


Yes, it is difficult to drink and read in this position!


But a brief overview of our days might be in order. Magellan and i get up with the sun, at his insistence; we share a light break-fast, i have an orange while he dines on his allotted portion of wet cat food while my coffee brews. We then curl up to read for awhile, either in the cockpit if the weather is clement or back in the v-berth. By 8 a.m. i am usually up and starting my french lessons. Once Mungo returns to the world of awareness we have breakfast, finish ouur french, do the dishes and three days a week go to the gym. It is now one in the afternoon! How did that
happen?

I Rest my Case


Shopping, lunch, work on a variety of creative projects and all to soon it is time for a glass of wine, dinner preparation and well, there you have it! Dinner, watch a video or two, snuggle in with a book and a hot water bottle, rinse and repeat.

Did you see anytime to blog in there? I didn't. Sigh.

I remember as i was leaving my last job that people told me i would be bored and be back in the work place. FAT CHANCE!

Under Cover Patriot, 2.9.19(L)

I've been spending most of my creative time working on my repurposed Wisconsin Poets' Calendar project and have a bunch more images from that to share with you.

E Pluribus Unum, 2.19.19 (R)

As before these images are 5.25 x 8.5". As they are in a spiral bound desk calendar the images often play off of the opposing page. I find that i have spent a lot of time exploring the idea of personal identity/identities with this project. I shall be interested to see if this theme hold through out the entire project.

Regarding the Fluid Nature of Identity, 2.20.19 (L)


Certainly one of the biggest challenges a collage artist faces is how to handle imagery that is instantly recognizable. I often have to deal with this, as by preference i use imagery that comes from art/ art historical references. Sometimes i am more successful than others in "owning" the image.

Is the Glass Half Full,,,,2.23.19 (R)

More later, hopefully sooner than..
gail







No comments:

Post a Comment