Friday, January 13, 2017

LAW 116: Do You Believe This Weather?

Climate deniers, please take note; it is not normal to experience temperatures in the high 60's in the middle of January here on the Upper Chesapeake. Having said that, i will happily take this beautiful weather. Did not have to have any heat on in the boat, had the doors open, Magellan was frisky as all get out, all around a great day.
Sunrise down river 1.12.17


If you look closely at the sunrise picture you can actually still see a very slight scrim of ice still on the water. Believe me it is gone now.

Looking up from under the Drinking Trees, great patterns

Walking to the store was a treat this morning, no boots, no gloves, no three or four layers of clothing. I felt as though i had by some miracle lost 20 pounds and no longer looked like the Pillsbury Dough Boy, err, girl, let's keep that gender identity straight!

It is always so odd to see the boats out of water!

So after lunch we sat up top under the leafless Drinking Trees and enjoyed the beauty of the day. Later we had our first grill out of 2017, would have done a fire in the firepit, but the winds kicked up, and it felt to dangerous.
Mungo building fire

I finished up the last of my New's Years cards and started a new art journal project. I am not sure where it is going, that is so unlike me. I think i will just have to live with a little uncertainty, it will probably be good for me. What i can tell you is that i have 14 pieces of Canson, multi-media paper that i used as mop ups from my last hand made book that i have folded into signatures and will make daily art on. I 'Pollacked' the paper than blotted it. The first page started with the interior cutouts of the 0's from the New Year's card. I was playing with the idea of magical numbers and words, and came up with an in spiral of four letter words.

first page of new art journal



More later,
Morgainne

No comments:

Post a Comment