Tuesday, July 24, 2018

LAW 154: PROTEST

PROTEST, yes in all caps is the duty of every thinking citizen. We all approach conscientious protest in different ways. This is a good thing, as we all are very different people with different agendas and different talents.
The Watch#1, 7.7.18


Since i am a visual artist beside putting my voice and body on the line at public protests i can as well make critical statements through my work.


Watching #2, from behind every....7.10.18

My collages have taken a turn from the strict abstract imagery that i have been working with for the last several months. They have become embodied if you will with witnesses. I am under no delusion that anyone of importance in the political/governmental hierarchy will see, much less be effected by my work.














But i will reach you, and you will share the images that move you, right? It is all that any of else can hope for, that we influence the minds and hearts of our friends, neighbors(near or far) and followers.


Watcher #3, We heard what you said, 7.18.18







Watchers #4, Tell us more, 7.19.18







Watching#5, I can see clearly now, 7.21.18








A fire only needs one match.
Watcher #6, Transparent, 7.23.18

More later
gail

I have a good friend who wrote me a beautiful, moving poem in response to the art card(seen below) that i made for him. I wish he would let me share it with you.

Clown's Choice, late june 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment