Saturday, June 11, 2016

LAW 99: ICAD 2016

So, through the good offices of a Facebook friend i was introduced to the world of ICAD. Which is quite simply a lovely 61 day art challenge. The challenge, to make a work of art on an index card every day for 61 days. There are daily prompts, weekly themes and an over arching element that ties everything together; if you choose to go that way.
ICAD 1 mixtape






ICAD 2 PYRAMID


For some people the prompt is an unbelievably useful tool, providing a much needed trigger for creativity and inspiration. For others it can be a road block to getting things done. Whether you use the prompts, or go off into the wild blue by yourself, either way, or some combination of both it's all cool.
ICAD 3 SNOOPY

The point is MAKE THE ART, experiment, play, take chances. Post your work, get positive feedback, and it all is, meet interesting people, make friends.
ICAD 4 OFF PROMPT


Get the drift? It's a no brainer, no lose situation.

ICAD 5 CLOUDS

I started thinking that i was going to play across the board, particularly with materials; a week and a half in i can tell that i am probably going to stick to collage. The smaller size, 4 x 6" is a challenge in and of itself. I intend to use as much painted background and drawing techniques in the collages as i  can force myself into. I've always been something of a purist with my collage work. Along the way i will set myself daily challenges, as well as tempting to work to the daily theme. This is definitely outside of my comfort zone. I have always felt that my strongest work is improvisational in nature.
ICAD 6 TOP TEN

Sitting down with a blank piece of paper and a folder of random imagery is my favorite way to get started. Perhaps this challenge comes at a fortunate moment. I haven't added to my portfolio of collage materials in some time. I'm getting pretty familiar with what i have, so it is getting more difficult to surprise myself with new juxtapositions.


ICAD 7 PINBALL


ICAD 8 ISLAND

My intention is to build separate  page here on Life Art Water for the ICAD challenge. I plan on doing updates weekly. So if you want to check it out……
ICAD  9 COMPASS


More later,
Morgainne(that would be me, Gail)


PS: Will do these weekly from now on so you don't have so much to look at at once.













ICAD 10 COBALT BLUE
ICAD 11 BASEBALL

No comments:

Post a Comment