Sunday, March 13, 2016

LAW 84: Finally a new collage

I've been feeling pulled in way to many directions lately. Spring is here, the weather has been beautiful, our winter isolation is coming to an end. People have been coming down to the marina to open their boats, look longingly at the river and talk about the fun to come.

Add to the mix: i am juggling several commissions in the studio right now(not that i am complaining!), along with several personal projects and submission deadlines. All of this makes Morgainne a busy girl. Not mention a couple of my personal projects, the Green Man, for instance, are extremely time/labor intensive. Although i am happy to report that i am finally working on the last leaf! Yea me! Than all i have to do…..

Testing the Limits of the Human Heart

I  finished a new collage this weekend. This one a step into a different direction for me. I have never drawn into my collages before. This one seemed to just scream out for it. It had a sort of steam punk feel to it to start; so it seemed natural to add to the rather mechanical nature with line drawings. This also links to a series of drawings that i was working on about a year ago.

Close up, female form

At any rate, enjoy, keep watching The Floating Empire for updates on our ongoing Extreme Makeover of the boat.

More later,
Morgainne

No comments:

Post a Comment