Sunday, November 15, 2015

LAW 51: More new handmade books




For some reason this past week or so i  have been extremely prolific; ideas have been sparking and i have started many(probably too many) projects. I taught myself how to create a Coptic headband binding for my books. I think that it does add a little bit more stability to the binding, but all in all it strikes me as more decorative than functional. Not that there is anything wrong with that mind you. So,
here they are two of the pieces that i have recently finished. I will continue to update the pages sections, so you will be able to view categories together. Don't forget handmade books make great holiday gifts!

Crazy quilt back view
Crazy quilt Celtic headband binding detail
  
Heron front view
Heron bind view detail

More later,
Morgainne

               

No comments:

Post a Comment