Monday, November 2, 2020

LAW 177: Great Minds, or Synchronicity

 Talk about collage weirdness; minutes after i post images of "Is This Not My Pre-Approved Life?" yesterday one of my contacts from a variety of collage boards commented on my piece. 

That isn't the weird part, the weird part was that she was just finishing a piece in which she had used two of the same images i had. 

The story unfolds something like this.





Untitled, by Diana Curbelo


Diana posted with my permission the two pieces side by side on a FB board that she created. She was interested, as explained below in exploring the emotional ground behind our mutual choices. Below you will find some of the commentary.

....help me elaborate on this synchronization of collagists’s emotional choices on images (?)

PLEASE NOTE THE POSITIONS OF THE PIECES HAVE BEEN REVERSED, DIANE IS L, MINE, R
Two minutes after Gail posted her collage (on the left) in another group, (I had just glued down mine, on the right), I saw it and gasped and wrote in her comments:
“Gail, I have 3 of the images you have used, two of which I actually used today for my Sunday Diary Collage, which I will post shortly!! So uncanny!!! It has to be the emotions we are feeling. What do you think????”
I was flabbergasted!! Lol

I was curious, excited to see what she had done, what images we had used, and how the completed work differed.

Diana went on to say....

I’ve had this happen before, but never at the exact same time. I think how we choose our images is so directly related to how we are feeling, and this weekend, well, those women are looking a bit worried....

I pointed out that there also structural similarities. We had both used an amputated human figure, and the compositional structure was very similar.

Like i said, great minds....
Stay tuned
and if you haven't voted yet, make sure that you do.

more later gail

No comments:

Post a Comment